Saturday, August 1, 2009

How To Be Female

Apparently I was being a very bad example of a woman and was not buying good underwear. Or wearing underwear that I had since I was 12. And also, I was putting my bra on incorrectly. And washing all of them horribly. What I find out on Thursday nights...

So, today, I went through all my underwear and threw out the ones that looked old, was old, and didn't seem to fit me well. Yes, I wore underwear that didn't fit me because I just didn't care. Apparently (that word again) if you wear something pretty, you will be confident and you will get laid. I was told that is the reason why I am not getting laid. Yes. I know. TMI. So, over half of my underwear went into the garbage can. And then I looked at my underwear drawer and said, "Shit. I have no underwear!" (Well, I kept a few...but not enough) So, I ran to Target to get some underwear. Yeah, cost me 50 some dollars to get enough underwear. But they're pretty! And lacy! And comfortable! Yeah.

I feel like I have become a full grown woman now.

3 comments:

Sophie said...

LOL! I am actually an underwear snob :P. That's the one thing I've been known to pay a pretty penny for. Well, I guess I shouldn't say I've been known for it, lol, I'm totally not implying anything by that. I just like feeling girlie, even if I'm the only one who sees it :D! Same undies since age 12! Jeez, yes, sounds like it was definitely time for an underwear drawer makeover :)!!!

Jay said...

See, I think the reason why I never thought of throwing away underwear (or buying pretty ones) is because my mom never taught me. She said if it was tearing, throw it away. But that was it. I bet she does the same exact thing that I do. Also, when I was a kid, my grandma would bring us underwear from the Philippines. We were never in need of underwear until she stopped. By then I had so much underwear that I didn't even bother thinking about it!

And when it comes to pretty underwear, my mom was a practical woman. Nothing lacy or anything because that meant something that she didn't want to think about. So, she would only let us buy underwear from Costco that had flowery designs. But, heaven forbid we buy anything with lace! Thongs! Hipsters! Briefs. Always briefs.

Yeah.

Deborah said...

this is going to sound a little creepy but I was just thinking about your bras yesterday...LOL! Not in a perverted oh baby sorta way but in a "sometimes I wish I could wear that kind, but then again I like my girly bras" way.

even creepier? It was around the same time you posted this blog - and I just read it today at 11:00 AM.

*cue spooky music*