Friday, December 31, 2010

This Year

With everything that has happened this past year, I decided I was going to make a list of things for 2011.

1. These adjectives will not be allowed towards me: stupid, lazy, selfish, fat, ugly

2. Nor will the phrase that states I need to think will be permitted to be uttered in my presence without my being able to then defend myself with either sharp words or a huge "I Quit" sign.

3. Also, I will not let people tell me how I think, feel, or should do. I am not a doll. I actually have a brain that knows what to do. I have let people make my own decisions or tell me who I am and that's not right. I can make my own decisions now.

4. I will continue to work on the friendships that matter and let the ones that are toxic to fall away. I have done enough work on them.

5. I will continue to work on my self esteem and body image. I am beautiful, and I don't need to worry about my weight. I would rather be healthy than skinny.

6. No more colds for 2011!

7. Save more, spend less.

8. Have fun! Get schoolwork done in the process.

9. Read more. My poor books have not been loved this year. :(

10. Do more stuff by myself: going to movies, etc. Be ok to spend more me time in public.

I don't think these are resolutions...just guidelines. :) Let's see how it goes!

2 comments:

Sophie said...

i like :)
sending love and hugs this new year's eve!

Jay said...

Sending love and hugs to you too!