Monday, October 12, 2009

Do You Hum While You Pee?

School
MIDDDDDTTTEEERRRRRRMMMMMMSSSSSSS. Well, with how my school is, it's more like I have papers starting to become due right now. I have a major paper that is due this Friday that I thought would be easy to start at the beginning of this week. HAH! It involved at least one more week than what I have. I was freaking out yesterday, thinking that I was going to fail library school. I've calmed down since. Knitting is the beautiful cure of that. But I also did a major, major work off today with research and doing the part that I can do while waiting for the other part (interviews with librarians). Hopefully I can pull this out of my ass...But other then that, I have now learned that you do not procrastinate. I have looked at my future assignments and deadlines and understand that all my assignments are due at the end of this month and early next month...and they are all pretty simple that doesn't require me begging librarians to be nice to be and talk to me.

Knitting
Speaking of knitting...I am alllmmmoooosssstttt finished with my tuscany shawl. Literally. I have put the pretty, soft, laceweight yarn away from my hands nearly six rows away to finish to write this. I know, dork. I am also half way through my second purply socks. The reason why I have picked up these projects that were sleeping? BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF KNITTING STRAIGHT KNITTING WITH GREY ALPACA YARN!!!!!!!!!!!! I was working on my Knit A Long with my friend for two months and found out she put it away for awhile to not lose her mind. While I was letting my mind rot with boredom. I do not blame her. I also hit a snag that I wasn't sure about. But, I emailed the designer and she told me that I can do whatever I want. But I don't have the heart to pick it up again. Not until I at least have some instant gratification with socks and shawls. Yippee! I should also start planning Christmas knitting...which involves only one person (you know who you are...) so not hard. Although, now I will have to start planning a little more because I have an idea that does not include the usual...hmmm...*devious mind working*

Dating

On Saturday, I was the prime stereotype of a single woman. I went on a horrible date, so I lied and said my friend had a marriage emergency. And then I ate my leftover food that I had to not eat because my date was done eating. Yes, classic. It wasn't horrible horrible, but it was enough to truly not know how to get out of her kissing me without saying, "I got to go!!!" So...yeah. She hummed while she peed (sp?). Come on! Yeah...yeah. I know. But, anyway, I did have a coffee date with someone this Wednesday but I canceled because of my major assignment (didn't know how long it would take for me to get this done). She seemed really nice, but I figure school is more important than dating. I'm also getting very...apathetic about dating. I just don't feel like dating anymore. It's not out of frustration, but just...not interested anymore. I guess because...well, I don't want to jinx it and I'm not sure about it until I let it marinate...but, yeah, I just don't feel like going on dates anymore and I don't feel like looking anymore. It feels like I've already found that person...but at the same time I am trying to be very, very, very cautious because this is very unheard-of ground. But it feels right at the same time.

I promise I won't be so vague later on about this. But for now, I need to be vague because I need to marinate on it without using words on online blog.

Miscellaneous

Am on new medication for some womanly stuff. Yeah. Anyone ever taken Levora-28? If so, have you found it be okay or horrible? Have you gotten mentally psycho because of it? Or it was just like Yasmin? I was taken off Yasmin because my body got used to the medication. So, she put me on these generics. I'm kind of weary because the last time I was put on something that wasn't from Bayer or a big known pharmaceutic company I became crazy and just got tired of my body with it. So...we'll see. I start them next week, so if in the following weeks and you see me and I am going NUTS or suddenly crying in the middle of something...you may want to suggest me talking to my doctor again.

I finished reading The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie. This is the novel that made the Ayatollah put a hit on his head. I was really curious to see why this novel enraged a whole religious branch and a huge head of Iran. After reading it, I see why. One comment I have is the fact that of all things, at least he could have written it much better. The plot itself and the idea of it is good. But the technical part of the novel was annoying. He didn't like periods half the time. He felt that it would be more artistic to just go off on random tangents. It was annoying. But the idea and the plot was interesting. I am stilling thinking of the concepts that he is arguing or bringing up in concepts of Religion and how religious texts can get perverted.

I am now reading The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. It was very hard to put the book down to start studying, so I am staying away from it until I am finished with this paper and other projects that need some finessing. It deals with these two historic men and the The World's Fair. One is the architect that is behind the building of the Fair and the other is the serial murderer that created a huge plot of female killings at the Fair. I'm already fifty pages in and I am hooked! Must. Stay. Away.

That's about it. I'll get back to my shawl and my podcast. I have started listening to this knitting podcast called limenviolet (meant to look like that) and am obsessed. I was listening to this one podcast from a company called Knitpicks. It was done by the company's head, Kelly Petkin. She was okay for awhile, but after a hundred episodes she continued to say the SAME EXACT THING. I got bored. And when I hated her interviews. There are interesting interviews and then there are boring interviews. She did the latter. It wasn't even a natural conversation. You can tell the interviewee felt awkward and wanted to get out as soon as possible. But with limenviolet, you feel like they are having conversations with you. Or you are in the middle of a conversation of a knitting group (like my own) and it feels so comfortable! While I'm knitting, I feel like it's Thursday and I'm with my knitting group.

And on that note, see ya!

4 comments:

Sophie said...

I took Levora, it worked pretty well. But I did notice that I was sad more often when on BC. I miss how clear my skin was on it, though. Pregnancy acne is evil :P. I have a pizza face right now :(.

Jay said...

Really? Well, when I was on one generic that they first put me on at 18, I was okay for awhile then I just felt very uncomfortable and just wanted to feel natural. I guess that was called a hormone problem.

But since I've been on Yasmin I have had less depressed moments and it regulated my pimple problems. Until I had problems...but we will see. I'm scared that it will not regulate the PCOS symptoms that I had.

Awwww...but the product is worth it? I use tea tree oil with the oily/pimply portion, but there are lots of blemish spot treatments that could help. I would go for natural though for the jellie bean.

Samatakah said...

I liked "Devil In The White City" also though the author doesn't exactly connect the two. Just finished "Rooftops of Iran" which I really liked, until the end. I'd recommend it anyway. Am now into William Least Heat Moon's "Roads To Quoz" which, as well-read as I am, is easier to read with a dictionary next to me. Slow going.

Had no problems with Levora for years, but I just went cold turkey on the pill and that wasn't fun at all. One of my friend asked me if I was going through The Change, and my coworker is lucky I didn't strangle him.

Jay said...

Oooh, I will have to check that out! I am acquiring a huge, long list of books to read...that's the only thing I hate about school: no time to read!

Okay, that makes me feel better. Well, I will never get off birth control pills unless I do go through Menopause. I just get so nervous when they try to change my hormones. I am so sensitive that I don't want to go crazy. I don't have the time!