Sunday, July 5, 2009

On to the Windmills!

*sigh*

I told myself I would NOT do this. That I would not post another Craigslist post. That I would NOT look on OkCupid.com. That I would not try again.

But I have. Although I doubt I will get emails because it was a half-hearted attempt at a charming post. I basically said I want THIS type of woman (and I meant woman) and I want her to have these certain qualities. It was very stand-offish. But whatever. I am just so tired of getting emails that say "One night only!" or "Hey, let's talk forever and a day but NEVER MEET".

Anyway.

I was just getting lonely and realizing that I had a choice of living like this and getting more sad, or attempting to do something about it. I really doubt I will find someone, and I really think this is a foolish thing to do. But whatever. Might as well try. But I want perfection. And I doubt anyone out there fills that description for me.

So, yeah.

3 comments:

Sophie said...

I'll be sending your letter off tomorrow :)!

It's okay to feel lonely sometimes, humans weren't made to be alone. It's okay to post, don't be too hard on yourself :).

Deborah said...

i believe very strongly that a persons attitude towards something shows even when they don't.

if you really want to meet someone then you need to actually believe you will. now, it may not happen today, tomorrow or two weeks from now...but you HAVE to BELIEVE you will meet someone. Or else you'll be right: you won't meet anyone.

so stop being jenny jonesing for a girl and start being Jenn who is living life and knows that everything has its season and time. and remember: when your right person does come around you will appreciate them so much more because they didn't just fall into your lap when you demanded it.

all good things come to those who wait...

(i know, really cliche, but it's all so true!)

and Sophie's right: we all get lonely. I have adam and I still get lonely.

Jay said...

Sophie: Yay! Letter! :) And, yeah, it's true that humans can't always be alone...

Deborah: I've tried both ways though, and found that I always get the same results. Even when I wish and wish and wish, I get nothing. So, why keep running into something that I know won't happen? Why blind myself to the honest truth?

But, even when everything falls down, Adam will be there. In the end, I have no one. Yes, I am blessed with friends and family. But, when the shit hits the fan/I am not doing well/etc, I don't have anyone to go to. And that is when someone is completely alone.