Thursday, July 16, 2009

The soft tinkle of the waves hitting the sand bar.

I sit. Just enjoying the small silence punctured with joyous cries of international children. Innovative. Making aquaduct-like tunnels to the water from the sidwalk. Children meeting across the waves. Adults as well. Motor homes and trailers exude that air of peace and tranquility to make friends. Only the few arrogant people hinder that.

The water is blue, and keeps blue as you continue to the edge. Seaweed and baby sharks hide amongst the surface. I just let my toes break the surface.

A soft breeze comes over the area, making my sun hat threaten to break loose and be part of the free world. A stern hand keeps it in place. It does not disturb my reading frenzy.

This is where thoughts emerge. And I think of what has happened in the past year. I don't think I could ask for anything more or less. I did what I needed to do, and am extremely happy.

What needs to change? The living situation. But that will come in due time. For right now, I am counting my blessings and just happy that my choices led to a fulfilling end. When I ride my bike down the path, I can only think of what will come. School. A more soul fulfilling career. Continuing friendships. Possibilities? Maybe. But I won't put my money on it. My blessings are in other things.

In a way, just looking out onto the ocean, the waves that continue to hit the sand bar is erasing all those fears that I had. The bitterness of what did happen to me. The water is an eraser at the end of its big pencil. It feels nice.

Now I am going to go back in. My brown skin is turning into a burnt red/orange. With eraser/ocean comes burning sun. Better put on more sun block!

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Sounds beautiful! Need to see pics :).