Tuesday, February 10, 2009

20 Things I Want In A Lover

Last of the trilogy of my love life

1. Someone older then me. Because I'm finding people my age are just not able to handle me. Or I can't handle them.

2. Someone who can be honest about themselves. Or be honest to me. That way we can cut all the usual bullshit.

3. Someone who isn't uptight about enjoying life, but doesn't mind being a homebody more often then not.

4. Knows words longer then four letters.

5. Can coherently talk about politics, and be able to argue with me about them. And then admit that I am right (or vice versa...)

6. Someone who understands the idea of returning a god damn message. Or email. Or anything.

7. Someone who understands the idea that when you agree to get to know someone, you actually...get to know someone.

8. Someone who doesn't push me away the minute any type of intimacy is going on.

9. Someone who likes to hug.

10. Someone who likes to kiss.

11. Someone who can be able to be in a group of people without having seizures.

12. Someone who can enjoy my craziness for one minute, and then be able to calm me down the next.

13. Someone who could handle my parents. As in, actually get my mother to like them.

14. Someone who can hold me for hours when I just need that connection with humanity.

15. Someone who can leave me alone when I just need some angsty me time.

16. Who understands that my friends and family are my life.

17. They understand that when they open that can of worms, they know that we are going to have to talk about it or I will go absolutely, utterly insane.

18. They can keep their word, and actually be able to stay to it.

19. Knows that life can work without drama. It's a great thing.

And last but not least...
20. Someone who understands that I am all emotion and heart, and knows that if you say something to me, I will keep it to heart. Keep it so close that when you then contradict yourself I will get hurt. Especially when it involves feelings. Because I am that emotional. And I don't like being told one thing, then constantly be strung along after. I don't like it.

...This list will obviously change through time.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

you forgot:

"someone who gets that knitting isn't just a hobby...it's a lifestyle!"

:) *hugs*

oooh, and you need someone who will tell you not to bite your fingernails down to their bloody ends.

yeah, i think we all need a motherly type in our relationships; regardless of gender! i think we all really just want someone to take care of us, and someone we can take care of.

And I think that's okay. That's part of the human connection - needing and being needed!