Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Am The Eggman...

Finally saw "Across the Universe". Love it. Reminded me of how much I love the Beatles. It also brought me back to when my sister and I would constantly watch "The Yellow Submarine". My parents had taped it off the TV, and so it became one of our childhood movies. Will do a review for CCL once I have a little bit more time to do point by point stuff.

Although Tuesday is usually my day off, I came in because my supervisor was out for her birthday. It was a good thing because we got stuff done, and it made up for the holiday on Monday (I don't get paid holidays). Unfortunately, one of my coworkers were sick and has now contaminated both my cubicle mate and me. Both she and I were complaining of hackiness and sore throats today. Let me tell you I will be very happy that tomorrow is my day off.

I've been in search of a good Book Club in the area. I miss talking about books and examining every faucet of characterization, plots, and etc. But the one that I was going to join (they even picked my book) keeps wanting to meet up in San Francisco. Now, I don't mind going into San Francisco. It's just that they want to meet up at 7:30 at night, and they want to meet up in an area that involves BART and MUNI. I don't mind BART. It's MUNI that I hate. I could drive, but then that would add more hours to get there and more pain in my ass. I did email the leader asking if we could meet up at a place that is close to BART. She has not responded. I am guessing that's a no. Well, then, I will move on. I found another another one in Berkeley that is finishing up Virginia Woolf's "The Waves". I would have loved to have joined THAT conversation, but that would mean I would have to finish a 400 page book by next week. I used to be fast, but I don't have the time. So I am going to start the club with a new book. I am excited to see what they will start now, since they chose one of my favorite writers.

I will conquer my Netflix list...I will conquer my Netflix list...I will conquer my Netflix list. I just got "Yentl" yesterday. :) So tonight I plan to have some yummy brown rice pasta with portabella mushrooms, spinach, and a little bit of olive oil, and watch Barbra Streisand try to become a rabbi. Mmmm. Fun times.

No comments: